As a Program Manager, Tech for Engineering Services function in GSS you will be responsible for technology engagement around development, integration and tech support. You will be responsible for coordinating the scope, resourcing and execution through leadership and vendor management. This role requires both technology fluency and experience with managing global rollouts leveraging vendor partners or third party contractors or consultants.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with key stakeholders for scoping and prioritizing development activities based on the business impact/ teamOKRs.
- Coordinating activities across teams for timely releases and track progress against target for all your engagements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the tech stack and support needs of various engineering and product partners.
- Managing timelines, deadlines, feature sets, risks, change requests, releases, and track project budget and financial metrics.
- Status reporting across senior management and cross-functional teams.
- Establish best practices across similar work streams such that they are reusable.
- Identify tool/process opportunities and influence development teams to deliver enhanced functionality.
- Establish measurement metrics and methods for tracking work productivity, utilization, and quality.
What you’ll need:
- 5-8 years of overall experience in software development projects
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience, preferably open source environment
- Good exposure to Agile software development process. Experienced in working with global teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing engineering solution and solving problems.
- Technically savvy and able to ramp up on new mobile technologies quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across vendor engineering teams.
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a strong bias for action.
- Worked at a high paced, fast growing, scrappy tech startup.
- Exposure to New Ways of Working (Agile, Dev Ops, CI/CD, etc.) and other PM frameworks
- Ability to solve unstructured problems
- Experience with Mobile development, Payment Integrations.
About the Team
The mission of the Global Scaled Solutions (GSS) team is to transform Uber’s best ideas into agile, global solutions. The team is spread out globally between US (San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boulder), India (Hyderabad, Bangalore), Hong Kong, Singapore, and Amsterdam. The Global Scaled Solutions (GSS) is focused on delivering a range of capabilities/objectives to multiple Tech and business teams while maximizing value for Uber through solutions that are:
- Automated & Innovative
- Industry Leading
- Cross-organizational & Integrated
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together. DESCRIPTION Want to be part of a dynamic start-up environment within Amazon and build India’s no 1 e-commerce payment gateway platform and thus create history? Amazon Pay Reward…You will be a part of: Supply Chain Management (SCM) Myntra-Jabong Supply Chain Management systems form the backbone of our core business and customer experience. Any business ru…DESCRIPTION If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate softw…