Job ID: 93173
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Who are we?
At Amdocs, our purpose is to enrich lives and progress society. With our creativity and technology, we help make a better connected world. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve the leading players in the communications and media industry, enabling next-generation experiences in 85 countries. Our cloud-native, open and dynamic portfolio of digital solutions, platforms and services brings greater choice, faster time to market and flexibility, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers as they drive growth, transform and take their business to the cloud. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.1 billion in fiscal 2019. For more information, visit Amdocs at
In one sentence
The DB specialist have the ultimate responsibility of physical and applicative database administration activities supporting end2end life cycle of product from database perspective
What will your job look like?
- You will provide database supreme level problem solving services to all stakeholders during project lifecycle (from Development till post production) by clarifying and addressing permanent and efficient solutions to complex and unusual problems
- You will provide DB professional guidance and coaching to project management and development teams, implementation groups as well as customer architects – internal and external Amdocs customers, including stakeholders without database understanding.
- You will design, develop, configure and administer large and critical database systems ensuring high performance and improve highly complex code where conventional approaches do not help
- You will lead and define tuning database parameters (physical layout and memory buffers) and promote the standardization per product cross customers world wide
- You will design strategy for DB working processes (e.g. backup & recovery) during project life cycle and translate and guide until implementation; you will lead and build team knowledge capabilities and versatility and personal skills variety
- You will serve as Authority in Amdocs by advanced degree of competence, technology guru demonstrating extreme dexterity and knowledge as the result of rich experience and high aptitudes in DB areas, defining DB vision and strategy in the organization, serve as ultimate level of technical escalations for critical showstopper incidents in Productions customers systems with direct business impact.
- You will be a consistent professional (you are the bridge builder, you set the example for others in to follow as it relates to communication, managing expectations, and building/growing partnerships).
All you need is…
- Bachelor / B.Sc. in computer science or equivalent
- 8-10 years’ experience as an Oracle DBA and SQL knowledge in a SW company
- Significant experience and solid knowledge of RDBMS
- Experience with UNIX or UNIX variants and scripting
- Minimum 1 year Team Lead experience is a must.
- Experience in operating within a complex, multi-interface environment.
Why you will love this job:
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth and one of the highest scores of employee engagement in Amdocs.
- You will be able to use your specific insights into variety of projects to overcome technical challenge while continuing to deepen your area of knowledge.
- You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field