Requisition ID: 262986
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Labs India seeks a Support Expert/Engineer at our Bangalore office to work in our Support and Operation Service teams. Our organization provide ongoing monitoring and first-hand technical support to SAP Customer Experience customers across the globe. We share a ‘customer first’ attitude and care for business continuity of our customers running mission critical business processes utilizing our Cloud Solutions.
As a Support Expert/Engineer your primary responsibilities will be to
- Provide operational support for SAP Customer Experience customers via phone, chat and tickets
- Monitor system availability and Independently troubleshoot, resolve, validate and document known error and recommended actions
- Resolve known errors by means of SAP Notes, Knowledge Base Articles, solved customer incidents, documentation,
- Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external service level agreements (SLA)
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through individual case work
- Participate in weekend support activities, provide extended shift coverage when required and on call availability when required
- Reporting of errors to our SMEs and L2/L3 teams
- Participating in our Problem Management by finding ways of reducing incidents (e.g. creation of Knowledge Base Articles and notes to deflect customer tickets)
- 4+years of experience in the areas of software support, operations and/or development.
- Degree in computer science or engineering mandatory
Experience in at least one of the following areas and good knowledge for the rest:
- Azure platform fundamentals knowledge
- High availability, scalability, elasticity, agility, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery
- Experienced in usage of tools like Zabbix, Splunk, F5, Rundeck, Dynatrace.
- Application deployment and software lifecycle management
- Compute such as Virtual Machines, Virtual Machine Scale Sets, App Service Functions, Azure Container Instances (ACI) and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Networking such as Virtual Network, Load Balancer, VPN Gateway, Application Gateway and Content Delivery Network
- Databases such as Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure Database for MySQL, Azure Database for PostgreSQL, Azure Database Migration service
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes cluster and POD’s
- Active directory configurations and user management
- Experience with Jenkins and Git
- Storage such as Blob Storage, Disk Storage, File Storage, and Archive Storage
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.