The Revenue Computation Platform team models Uber’s financials using mathematical, statistical, and computational algorithms. The goal of our team is not only to spur revenue & other financial metrics to financial users but also to provide deep insight across Uber for their day-to-day financial activities and decision making. Our critical areas include: Revenue Computations, Rider and Partner Payments, Profit Modeling and Fraud. The technical challenges come with the volumes we deal with and the real-time solutions we provide.
Our technology stack is primarily golang/python and while experience with these languages is great, it’s not a necessity. World-class engineering is the focus at Uber, not the tools/languages that you already know.
About the Role/ About the Job
Our team is looking for someone passionate about using technology to solve big business problems and is hungry to make a difference. You have created software that can scale and handle complex interchange of data and compute between multiple geographical locations. You are excellent at fundamentals, have a great willingness to learn, and have an unstoppable desire to follow through with the job.
We are looking for someone with a passion for architecting, building and scaling highly-available, mission-critical systems that support millions of users on a daily basis.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced engineer who is collaborative, has a healthy sense of curiosity and acts with responsibility to join Uber, work with talented people across the board and help improve our next generation fintech platforms and scaling it to the next level.
Our engineering culture is the same across all our engineering offices: in Hyderabad, this is no different from San Francisco or our other locations.
What You’ll Do :
- Actively seek out the toughest technology and engineering problems and solve them with little to no guidance.
- Own large opportunities and initiatives and drive clarity, convergence, and closure across teams.
- Take the larger vision or challenge and distill it down with the leadership team into strategies and plans including trade-offs required to realize the vision.
- Be a role model on acting with good judgment and responsibility. Engineers across the organization will look to you on how best to plan and execute on projects.
- Provide technical leadership and vision in designing, implementing, testing and rolling out the next generations of our fintech systems.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
- Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our talented team members and passionate leaders alike. Deal with differences in opinion in a mature and fair way, helping teams to commit and move forward.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- 10+ years experience designing, implementing large scale distributed systems (serving 5K+ QPS, participating in 100M+ in transactions)
- Advanced, inside-out knowledge of multiple programming languages, data store systems, and message queue. We use programming languages like Go, Java, Python, data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis and MQs like Kafka- Any programming language is fine.
- Deep, industry-leading expertise in one or more technology domains and are the “go-to” person for one or more areas of their business.
- A track record of building large-scale, highly-available systems that solve complex, organizational level business problems.
- Expert and hands-on understanding of fault-tolerant systems and multi-datacenter/cloud architectures.
- Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives on engineering best practices like coding, testing or monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- Passionate about helping teams grow by inspiring and mentoring engineers.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.