Job ID: 90477
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Who are we?
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped to create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company is built of amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people that Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
In one sentence
Responsible for providing best-in-class technical support to a global customer base.
Maintains ownership for the resolution of complex technical problems, including debugging, simulations, locating bugs, tool and script development for problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and reproduction
What will your job look like?
- You will provide engineering expertise to troubleshoot, modify and engineer software solutions and configurations, to ensure that the product/solution performs within optimal design specifications.
- You will Investigate, debug and reproduce issues, provide fixes and workarounds, and verify changes to ensure continued operability of the software solution.
- You will analyze production issues from the business and application/code perspective and outlines corrective actions.
- You will be the technical focal point with other teams to resolve cross product/solution issues.
- You will have the ownership and accountability of specific modules within an application and provide technical support and guidance in problem resolution for complex issues.
- You will bring continuous improvements/efficiencies to software or business processes by utilizing Software Engineering tools, various innovations and techniques and the reuse of existing solutions.
- Contribute in meeting various SLA’s and KPI’s to ensure assigned tasks are completed on time and the delivery timelines meet the quality targets of the organization.
- You will onboard new employees and train them on processes and knowledge sharing with team members. Take active role in team building, including technical mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- You will communicate with internal/external customers to enhance the understanding of customer problems, and verifies that an appropriate resolution has been applied.
All you need is…
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computers or equivalent
- 8-10 years of total work experience.
- Working experience in L2/L3 support role.
- Working experience in supporting either of IMS or LTE or 5G tech.
- Working experience in Unix/Linux.
- Any scripting experience is good to have.
- Wireshark or similar tool experience is good to have.
- Comfortable working in a 24/7 environment.
- Strong in OS, networking (TCP/ UDP/ SCTP), IPC, multi- threading Work experience in one or more communication protocol stacks e.g. LTE, IoT, 5G Work experience in any of Core Network interfaces e.g. S1, S11, S5, S8, S6a, SGi, etc. Also, Protocols Diameter, Radius, SNMP etc and most of diameter interfaces (S6a, S6b, S6d, Wx, SWx, Sh, S13, Gx, Sy, S9, Rx, Cx, Dx)
- Provide 2nd Level support for the Core Operations Data Network and serve as the Operations Subject Matter Expert in Core that includes GSM, GPRS, WCDMA, LTE, 2G/3G/4G technologies. Nodes include vEPC (Evolved Packet Core) i.e. MME/EPG on Virtual Platform.
- Configuring and troubleshooting network elements from Mobile packet switch platforms like MME, HSS, OneNDS, external DRA. Hands-on configuration and scripting of various modules within DRA products.
- IP Addressing, Routing, OSI Model, Switching, IPV6, core network.
- Knowledge of LTE/IMS signaling, Policy/Charging and subscriber platform e.g. CSCF/TAS/HSS/DRA/PCRF/OCS etc.
- Understanding of IP infrastructure and Cloud
- Knowledge of OSS/BSS tools for Fault and Performance management
- Multi-Vendor Platform i.e. Cisco/Huawei/Ericsson/Nokia/ZTE not mandatory but preferred.
- Provide input and suggestions to improving all operational aspects, related to the Packet Core Services and Network infrastructure which could add value into increasing the quality of the Packet Core Services – end to end.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant), make recommendations, and execute them as required.
- Assisting in correcting capacity and performance related issues for all Core Traffic.
- Work with the Cross Domain team to ensure the integration of theCore Technologies within the Operations processes.
- Will organize and produce weekly and monthly reporting and perform trend analysis to assist in the support of Core Services
- Interface with internal/external groups such as Technical Operations or vendor technical support as required.
- Provides input to and is a primary contributor to post mortem activities (RCA) related to network outages.
- Interact with the other Service areas (IP and Backbone) for continuous maintenance and monitoring of the Packet Core Infrastructure as necessary.
- 2nd Level Assurance Support Activities & Incident Management
- Problem Management and System Administration
Why you will love this job:
- Gain valuable experience and wide knowledge of Software integrative systems
- Opportunity to be exposed to advanced marked technologies
- working with multi channels and divers area of expertise
- You will take active role in team building, including technical mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- You will have the ownership and accountability of specific modules within an application
Learn More & Apply