Job ID: 93434
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Who are we?
At Amdocs, our purpose is to enrich lives and progress society. With our creativity and technology, we help make a better connected world. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve the leading players in the communications and media industry, enabling next-generation experiences in 85 countries. Our cloud-native, open and dynamic portfolio of digital solutions, platforms and services brings greater choice, faster time to market and flexibility, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers as they drive growth, transform and take their business to the cloud. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.1 billion in fiscal 2019. For more information, visit Amdocs at
In one sentence
Responsible for Leading and mentoring a small development team within a specific task or project, side by side with hands-on development.
What will your job look like?
- You will provide technical leadership to software engineers by coaching and mentoring throughout end-to-end software development, maintenance, and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality; promote team engagement and motivation.
- You will provide input to the software engineering manager for estimates, resource needs, milestones and risks; ensure effective delegation, monitoring tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and escalations.
- You will provide hands-on technical and functional input to design, maintenance, build, integration and testing of complex software components according to functional and technical design specifications; Follow software development methodologies and release processes
- You will analyze and provide input for the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features or bug fixes. Make high-level design and establishes technical standards.
- You will represent and lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team and build relationships with internal customers/stakeholders
- You will enforces quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measure them and takes corrective actions in case of variances and ensure all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality.
All you need is…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6 to 8 years’ experience as a software engineer.
- Outstanding Java developer with great understanding of its Java ecosystem.
- Great problem solver with solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills.
- Good knowledge in Microservices, Docker, SpringBoot, OpenShift etc.,
- Good understanding of DevOps and Agile practices.
- Cross application knowledge in BSS products like Ordering, CRM etc., will be an advantage.
- R&D experience with good understanding of technical support functions will be an advantage.
- 1-2 years of experience in leading tasks and/or mentoring engineers
- Thorough understanding of software development and/or support methodologies, principles and procedures and related software management tools
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a small development team
- You will be challenged with leading the technical aspects of the project
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies