Software Engineer (Pune + 90784)
Who are we?
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped to create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company is built of amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people that Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
In one sentence
Responsible for design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software systems.
Responsible for one or more specific modules within a large software system scope
What will your job look like?
- You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable , supportable and demo the software products to stakeholders
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes and workarounds, and reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- You will assume technical accountability for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
- You will be encourage to actively look for innovation and continuous improvement, efficiency in all assigned tasks.
All you need is…
Total Experience- 2- 4 years
Hands-on experience in Java 1.8 , Spring Boot , RestAPI development, JUnit Unit testing , Unix/Linux , shell scripting, Windows , Oracle SQL.
Understanding of Microservices development, DevOps and CICD and tools for CI is important.
Knowledge / experience in Hibernate and cloud framework / MS architecture , Agile / SAFe methodologies for software development is preferred.
You will be required to work in an Agile environment on the scrum team to design the back end system in a leading service provider for their promotions and rewards.
Independently develop the requirements on the user stories.
Actively participate in User story refinement , design of the solution and develop the same to meet or exceed the acceptance criteria. Also one should be open to support testing when required and coordinate to resolve cross team dependencies impeding progress. Able to perform debugging and triaging of issues and provide fixes as required ; especially in high pressure situations.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative manner with peers across different time zones. Passionate about good design and code quality and have strong engineering practices.
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with design and develop new software applications
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies
Software Engineer (Pune + 90784)