You’re seeing information for Paris. To see local features and services for another location, select a different city. Show more
Count on a ride even when you’re far from home.
Software Engineer II, Backend – Developer Platform
in Bangalore, India
About the role
This is the team for you if you are excited about building platforms that supports many large scale products and tools / systems that all the Uber engineers use.
In this role you would be building software primarily focusing on scalability, performance, usability and reliability.
What You’ll Do
- Work with developer product engineering teams to identify, design and build solutions that help scale our services and platforms.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for scalability and testability
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Build elegant backend platform components for high throughput and low latency distributed systems.
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design and algorithms.
- You will work with technologies like Golang, java, python, Mysql, Nosql.
What You’ll Need
3+ years full-time professional software development experience.
Enthusiasm for our mission: We want Uber to feel as local to users in Jakarta and Tel Aviv as it does in San Francisco. You’re excited to use your unique background and experiences to solve the problems mentioned above. Knowledge of i18n/L10n is a huge plus.
Design: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for design. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level. You should be able to design database schemas in extensible way.
Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our codebase is primarily in Golang.
Product sense: You create more than beautiful code. Engineers at Uber play a crucial role in choosing what we build and how we build it.
A penchant for collaboration & a team player: You enjoy working cross collaboratively to drive impact across orgs. You believe that you can achieve more on a team that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
About the Team
Our developer platform group’s mission is to Accelerate product velocity by providing a friction-free, integrated development platform to the thousands of engineers who build and improve Uber’s various products.
Our developer platform teams are responsible to support all the tools that are used throughout a developer lifecycle. This contains
– Generic developer infrastructure like: code monorepos, build systems, continuous integration, deployment & release and testing systems
– Language platform specific solutions like Mobile & Backed Developer experience and Frameworks
– Platforms like Internationalization, Developer Analytics etc.
Below are the teams that we are currently hiring Backend developers for:
Healthline: Our platform enables Uber to quickly and reliably detect, report, and troubleshoot issues in our mobile apps. It captures various types of mobile app signals such as app crashes, exceptions, app not responding, memory leaks etc., classifies and reports(ticketing and alerting) issues in our mobile apps. Healthline also offers a web portal to show the list of issues and related data, logs, and stats, which allow developers to quickly troubleshoot the root cause of the reported issues.
Wisdom: Our mission is to simplify the mobile in-app bug reporting experience to capture more high quality bugs, and build a ML-powered bug triaging platform to help engineers to quickly triage and troubleshoot the reported bugs. Wisdom platform has three major components.
– A mobile SDK, which can be used by different mobile apps to onboard the in-app bug reporting flow easily to wisdom.
– Backend processing pipeline and ML models, which processes inbound bugs to filter out noise and surface critical bugs to engineers.
– Wisdom triage portal, the web portal that engineers use to triage and troubleshoot the reported bugs.
Core Automation Platform (CAP): We provide a reliable and automated end-to-end testing framework for mobile sanity tests. Our tools allow safeguarding features and preventing regressions for each release and CD build, enabling mobile developers to build reliable Apps quickly.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together. This is the team for you if you are excited about building platforms that supports many large scale products and tools / systems that all the Uber engineers use. In this role you…Mission (Why does this role exist) and Scope (About the Job) Build and Maintain mobile applications for Enphase. Build scalable application s that can process terabytes of data. …Mission (Why does this role exist) and Scope (About the Job) Build and Maintain Frontend projects and infrastructure for Enphase. Build scalable application that can process tera…