Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
Requirement and Definition Management
- Assists in the definition and management of requirements.
- Uses standard techniques to elicit, specify, and document requirements for simple subject areas with clearly-defined boundaries.
- Assists in the creation of a requirements baseline and in investigating and applying authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Undertakes complete design of moderately complex software applications or components applying agreed standards, patterns and tools.
- Assists as part of a team in the design of components of larger software systems.
- Specifies user and/or system interfaces.
- Creates multiple design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the design and to handle separately functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation of options and trade-offs. Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors moderately complex programs/scripts.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
- Develops appropriate physical database or data warehouse design elements, within set policies, to meet business change or development project data requirements.
- Interprets installation standards to meet project needs and produces database or data warehouse component specifications.
- Defines test conditions for given requirements.
- Designs test cases and creates test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided. Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with project test plans.
- Analyses and reports test activities and results. Identifies and reports issues and risks.
System Integration and Build
- Produces software builds from software source code.
- Conducts tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures.
- Analyses and reports on integration test activities and results.
- Identifies and reports issues and risks.
Release and deployment
- Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
- Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications.
- Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 3-year experience in IT
- 1 year of experience in relevant area