We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
As a Software Designer, will deliver software modules by ensuring detailed design and implementation of those modules.
- Contribute to the elaboration of Sw specification & architecture, in collaboration with the Sw.architect
- Perform development of Sw modules:
- Perform the Sw modules detailed design & coding
- Set up the Sw development tool chain
- Prepare and perform Sw module tests and verifications of his / her deliverables
(“Designer” tests), prior to the ones formally performed by a dedicated V&V team
(depending on Safety Integrity Level and associated Product development organization) * Put the Sw workproduct under configuration management according to product
Configuration Management Plan * Support the Sw / Sw and Hw / Sw integration, together with the Hw designer
- Sustain the Sw.
- Keep informed of the evolution of technologies through techno watch
- Contribute to TIS standardization by reusing existing solutions or by implementing reusable
solutions * Keep a strong link with the Sw architect, Hw designer, RAMS and V&V departments, through the
whole Sw design cycle * Apply processes and standards
- Contribute to continuous improvement (RoE: Return on Experience, process,)
Qualifications & Skills:
Bachelor/Post Graduate in Engineering – IT, CS, ECE & EEE or Equivalent
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and able to guide, influence and convince others in a matrix organization
- Outstanding Technical leader with proven track record in managing multi software programs towards successful delivery.
- Be Innovative and demonstrate to peers and implement in creation of Reference Libraries, reusable codes, and model based developments
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and able to guide, influence and convince others in a matrix organization.
- Team Player with prior experience in working with European customer is not mandatory but preferable
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- 6 ~10 years of experience in design of Software modules in complex systems.
- The ideal candidate should have good experience in Software development and good application to software process and coding guidelines.
- The ideal applicant will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process spread across different geographical locations.
- Significant experience in delivery of design, analysis, development, testing and delivery.
- Rail industry background is highly desirable, alternatively similar industries can also be considered
- C++, COM, Design Patterns
- IT Skills:
- Location for the role? Travel? If yes, how much (%): Bangalore
- Contract Type/ Bonus (OPTIONAL)
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Learn More & Apply