As a senior manager in the Intercity team in IndiaSA, you will help us fuel the growth of this category and have a measurable impact across the region using a combination of strategy, planning, stakeholder management and data driven decision making. This is a critical role, as you will be in charge of improving product experience and think of new avenues for growth in terms of marketing, partnerships, new business models. You will also need to ensure launched products are successful, proactively search for new features, and be a global thought leader and sparring partner for product teams, other mega-regions and regional stakeholders.
You will need to be a strong planner and stakeholder manager to work together with our Ops, Marketing, Comms, Policy, Legal and Product teams to ensure all decisions are coordinated and timely executed. Most importantly, you will need to think like a Product Manager, keep updated on what is happening across the Product org, network and maintain strong ties across the org to identify and further opportunities in the outstation travel space!
What You’ll Do
- Growth Strategy – you will be constantly seeking solutions that scale, while overseeing the growth of our business. Build and run operational processes and support with process automation. This also includes thinking of new business models (indirect demand distribution models, partnerships, etc)
- Problem Solving – Solve business challenges through operational excellence based on robust analysis. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps
- Product – Continuously collaborate with local and global product teams to proactively design and deliver new features that deliver a magical experience
- Stakeholder management & Teamwork – Build and develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams (e.g., Central Ops, S&P, Marketing, CommOps, Policy, Comms, Legal, etc.) in order to successfully contribute to the long-term growth of the business
- Project management and execution – Plan and project manage multiple projects (across stakeholders) and have the ability to execute in a constantly changing, complex environment
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
What You’ll Need
- Strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits
- Data-driven decision making ability & sound judgment through analytical thinking to assess project performance & financial viability. Excel modelling skills necessary, proficiency in SQL a plus
- Operational/analytical/commercial experience gained in consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management
- The ability to clearly communicate and present information to stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Creative mindset that enjoys experimentation and is willing to take bold bets despite risk of failure
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.