Uber’s Security Response and Investigations team protects and mitigate cyber security threats across the company. We prevent, detect, mitigate, and evict cyber security threats globally. The team is made of three groups: Investigations, Incident Command, and VSOC (virtual security operations center). You will be joining the Investigations team, reporting directly to the Security Engineering Manager in the United States. As a Security Engineer – Investigations, you will be on the ground floor, helping to build the security presence in Hyderabad, and providing hands on investigations, forensics, and response expertise. You will also partner closely with the local security operations center analysts, leading incidents and providing mentorship to analysts.
This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor, helping to build out processes and the team, with your work affecting the company at large. This is a hands-on technical position tasked with investigating intrusion and abuse on the Uber platform as well as against the business. You should enjoy getting your hands dirty doing complex analysis and investigations – you are comfortable being the technical expert. You will solve complex puzzles, piecing together the most obscure clues, while building and communicating solid work products. Candidates must have a driving passion for hunting down the bad guys, as well as the intuition and judgement required to efficiently prioritize their work. Candidates must have excellent communication and problem solving skills, along with experience dealing with sensitive matters effectively and respectfully.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct rapid response, mitigation, and investigations on highest priority cases impacting Uber and user data.
- Partner with the team in the US to drive response and investigations globally.
- Support and mentor analysts conducting investigations and triage in the region.
- Manage multiple cases and projects at once while effectively prioritizing time.
- Produce concise yet thorough case reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be the technical expert for the cases you work.
- Conduct forensics investigations and present findings.
- Develop automation to improve the consistency and efficiency of incident response.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Must be highly experienced in the incident response lifecycle.
- 6+ years of experience with cyber security issues and threat vectors.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience on a security engineering or operations team responding to cyber security incidents.
- Experience with technical forensic methodologies and software.
- Experience driving complex end to end cases to resolution.
- Technical experience with DevOps and scripting languages for automating data gathering and workflows. Experience with building automations for incident response is a plus.
- Experience working crisis events for a global company. Ability to work across geographically distributed teams.
- Certifications in Security
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.