The mission of the Global Scaled Solutions (GSS) team is to transform Uber’s best ideas into agile, global solutions. The team is spread out globally between US (San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boulder), India (Hyderabad, Bangalore), Hong Kong, Singapore, and Amsterdam. The Global Scaled Solutions (GSS) is focused on delivering a range of capabilities/objectives to multiple Tech and business teams while maximizing value for Uber through solutions that are:
- Automated & Innovative
- Industry Leading
- Cross-organisational & Integrated
As a Program Manager, Tech for the Risk Operations function in GSS you will be part of the Product Development Services domain and responsible for engaging with stakeholders around process and product development, integration and manual review support. You will be responsible for coordinating the scope, resourcing, and execution through leadership and vendor management. This role requires both fluency and experience with large teams along with scoping global rollouts leveraging vendor partners, engineering and data analytics teams.
Recognized as a strong operations leader. Understands broader picture and influence from that standpoint. Communicates and unifies the team around the vision, and executes the mission and plans. Sets near term goals and aligns team to these. Helps remove roadblocks and makes sound trade-offs. Effective communicator who shares complex topics with cross-functional leaders. Scales the org efficiently. Drives joint OKR planning between engineering, product and production teams. Leadership here is primarily leading ICs to execute well, through emotional intelligence, communication, and cross-team collaboration. Good people manager who helps upskill and develop the team.
What You’ll Do
- Directly manage a large team of Risk Specialists, you manage programs of significant complexity and business impact
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders and influence product, engineering and process improvements, suggest new initiatives and get buy-in
- Work with several teams to deliver on program objectives
- Develop a deep understanding of the risk domain and support the needs of various engineering and product teams.
- Managing timelines, deadlines, feature sets, risks, change requests, releases, and track project budget and financial metrics.
- Incubate and create new processes and put together production teams to execute on the process and set up for scale.
- Set up case management infrastructure and influence Risk Analyst, Engg and product teams.
- Status reporting across senior management and cross-functional teams.
- Identify tool/process opportunities and influence development teams to deliver enhanced functionality.
What You’ll Need
- 7-12 years of overall experience in project and program management
- Experienced in working with global teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing engineering solutions and solving problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across vendor teams, full-timers, tech, and engineering teams.
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a strong bias for action.
- Worked at a high paced, fast-growing, scrappy tech startup.
- Ability to solve unstructured problems
About the Team
The GSS Risk & Integrity Team form the Risk Operations vertical of Risk Headquarters. We work on identifying fraudulent behavior that can lead to losses to Uber across all products (Rides, Eats, Jump, etc.). We provide Risk insights and Intel to the Global and Regional Risk team on new fraud patterns, build prototypes to assess accuracy and recall numbers on multiple queues (fraud MOs) and help improve the precision of the rules and machine learning models. Additionally, we also test new fraud in the marketplace to determine loss value to build scaled solutions. Our objective is to minimize fraud leakage for Uber #findthemoney and false-positive impact to our customers by enabling tech capabilities to detect and catch fraud before or when it happens.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together. DESCRIPTION Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent purchases among hundreds of millions of e-Commerce transactions in different countries? Wha…The mission of the Global Scaled Solutions (GSS) team is to transform Uber’s best ideas into agile, global solutions. The team is spread out globally between US (San Francisco, Pal…Job Description Program Management of End to End New product development & launch as per the BU Business roadmap Manage Scope, Schedule, Cost & Quality requirements and facilit…