At Uber, providing world-class customer support is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn’t easy – it takes leaders who can understand Uber’s operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
The “Lead – IndiaSA Safety & Compliance” is a unique opportunity to lead a strategic and impactful program management and execution team, working across all of Uber’s Rides Business in India SA. Reporting into the Director of Community Operations, IndiaSA, you will be responsible for managing a team of 3-4 reports, working across a vast network of internal and external service providers.
The IndiaSA CommOps Safety & Compliance Team will be responsible for innovating and curating Uber’s customer experience during critical safety incidents and compliance issues. As the “Lead – IndiaSA Safety & Compliance”, you’ll be responsible for thinking through every aspect of Safety and Compliance in the region. You will usher complex global and regional projects through the entire lifecycle, lead sub-regional and central collaboration, and improve our operations through data analysis, project management, and teamwork. You will play a key role in the strategy and execution of improvements to the current safety support and compliance processes and products, while supporting research and resolution of complex issues to improve the customer experience and enhance the safety of Uber and it’s customers and earners.
This is a business operations role with strong data orientation, where robust stakeholder management is required of functional and local teams. You are expected to be a strong thought partner to global and regional leadership on the best approach for operationalizing Uber’s Safety and Compliance strategy.
We’re looking for someone who has experience managing teams and has demonstrated the ability/ willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and get involved with operations. We want an analytical and creative thinker who will drive innovative solutions and back them up with data analytics, while also holding firm to “do what is right”. They need to have the emotional intelligence to manage a team in a fast paced environment, including a diverse set of stakeholders all over the world.
What You’ll Do
- Be the voice of IndiaSA’s Safety Compliance needs with Global business leaders and cross functional teams such as Operations, Product, Marketing, Legal and Policy
- Leverage data science / analytics to arrive at conclusions and make process, policy, and product recommendations to improve compliance
- Formulate the Safety and Compliance roadmap for CommOps in IndiaSA
- Identify KPIs and targets for the Safety and Compliance program in IndiaSA
- Establish a culture of “safety first” and “doing the right thing” within Uber Operations, even when not popular, by setting the right tone from the top
- Motivate and leverage existing and new team members to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational functions
What You’ll Need
- 7 years of deep, hands-on management of at least one of the two functions that included combinations of the following: business operations, analytics, stakeholder, team and project management
- Strong business judgment and critical thinking skills to take strategy and execute it
- Ability to operationalize processes
- Ability to use deep data analytics to surface, monitor and mitigate compliance issues
- Ability to think of proactive safety solutions for customers
- Experience of working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong experience in managing cross-functional teams across multiple subregions
- You’re an Uber evangelist–you care about the product and the customers
- Data Science and Process Excellence experience will be a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together. Job Description Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organizations. Communicating with target audiences an…Job Description Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organizations. Communicating with target audiences an…Opportunity with a US based IT Consulting and Analytics and Technology Services Company for Gurgaon Job description Job Details: – Location: Gurgaon Job Title Corporate Communi…