We are seeking an Operations Intern with our Driver Operations Managers on analyzing local expansion while supporting drivers. The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup culture. We’re looking for analytical rock stars, finance aficionados, and operations aces who are passionate about Uber.
- A utility player. You’re willing to find resolutions to issues early, late, and often
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Analytics. Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs.
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with aggressive timelines for completion.
- Product Improvement. Pro-actively search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience.
- Partner Relations. Manage driver relationships, identify & attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for partner rewards.
- Driver Support. Manage the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system.
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in their city and do whatever it takes to get the job done
Comm Ops Intern
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners–our community–is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We’re looking for a Community Operations Interns to develop & support efforts in CEE. Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe. This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, data analytics, and process continuous improvement, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
- Passionate about growing the service culture within our community. You will be revolutionizing the concept of support at Uber. You’re excited about the opportunity to create and optimize support processes, and you are willing to work and partner with others, especially the city teams, in executing the best support strategy for your region.
- Analytical and creative. You recognize that out of all the interactions we have with our community, both riders and drivers, you can identify the trends and themes such that we can change the way we do business for the better. You will take all the data and use this to drive strategy that will give the highest standard of support for your market. Metrics will be your obsession, and finding ways to improve these will be your constant motivator.
- A utility player, cool and calm under pressure. Dealing with new and different challenges excites you, and you have a way to anticipate challenges to come. Whether it be in answering tickets or looking at new product features, you jump at any of these opportunities. You like finding resolutions early, using all resources available, and you like to be ahead of everyone else when it comes to having the best product or best service in the market. And because you have great organizational skills, you’re able to tackle all these at once, with follow-through on each task.
- Naturally curious and strategic. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results. You constantly look for opportunities and act on these. You always consider the larger picture, while never losing sight of the details.
- Word savvy and graceful. Being in the business of support, you’re eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you’re responding to tickets or explaining a new policy to riders on our blog or speaking to co-Uberites in a meeting. Like Uber, you’ll always remain grounded when dealing with others.
- Be a strong representative of customer support teams in India to the business teams acting as a glue between both teams
- Partner with city teams, setting the tone with your passion and enthusiasm for world-class support. You will constantly connect with the community to know what kind of support best fits the market and how this is to be executed. You will project ahead so that we always have the right resources and people in place when we need it
- Analyze, innovate and execute. You will create, design, and lead how we deliver support in India; get creative and then be able to execute on your ideas. You will dig into data incessantly to drive strategy for the region. You will also work with our engineering and process teams to improve internal tools and overall user experience
- You will be the most passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners in India. You will also answer any questions that come your way and anticipate any more issues that may come up.
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.