We are looking for a Law Enforcement/Defence Services/Experienced Law Enforcement Operations & Response Professional who will be responsible for:
- Leading Uber’s relationship with police leaders across the West and South India and Sri Lanka, developing innovative solutions to engage and work with police; promoting Uber’s commitment to safety, privacy and transparency.
- Supporting police investigation teams in response to critical incidents, and protests.
- Guiding and advising the business on how best to partner with the law enforcement community in the pursuit of community safety.
- This is a highly dynamic role including routine and ad-hoc responsibilities with little direct supervision. You will be encouraged to balance working from our Hyderabad/Bangalore based office alongside regular travel.
What You’ll Do :
- Liaise with law enforcement leaders promoting a positive, open and collaborative relationship.
- Train police teams on how Uber supports investigations in a legal and ethical manner.
- Ensure user safety by supporting police following critical incidents.
- Contribute to incident response, helping the business to identify actions to reduce risk.
- Produce accurate and timely incident updates and post incident reports.
- Collaborate with our security team to minimise threats to our people and places.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to plan effective responses to demonstrations and protests.
- Lead a team of city based contractor consultants managing their engagement efforts with Law Enforcement
- Travel throughout India and Sri Lanka as needed – up to 50% of your time, up to five days at a time.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of investigations/Law Enforcement Operations & Response experience within Law Enforcement/Defence Services/Experienced Law Enforcement Operations & Response Professional.
- English & Hindi and preferably any South Indian Language speaker.
- Comfortable interacting with law enforcement personnel from investigators to senior officers.
- A pre-existing working relationship with Indian and Sri Lankan Law Enforcement agencies is a plus.
- Work well under pressure and have excellent communication skills.
- Experience in communicating findings orally and in written products.
- Ability to take the initiative in exploring technical topics developing subject matter expertise.
- A solid understanding of issues currently impacting on the Indian security environment.
- Must be flexible and able to work non-traditional hours at short notice.
About the Team
The Asia Pacific Law Enforcement Operations Team consists of highly motivated professionals who are responsible for Uber’s interactions with law enforcement across this region. We are committed to safety and privacy and are constantly seeking to build trust within our law enforcement communities.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together. Job Description As an Associate Lead Software Engineer, you will support and grow a development project team, own responsibility of overall team performance and results and direc…Technical Lead Job Description: Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology soluti…Position Description Primary Skill: Java, J2ee, Spring , Hibernate, SQL Secondary Skill: GIT, JIRA, Jenkins, Maven, JUnit and Web Services; SONAR , IBM MQ, Agile development pro…