Job ID: 91287
Who are we?
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped to create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company is built of amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people that Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
The Professional Services Specialist is a highly trained product expert responsible for overseeing end-to-end product deployment. This roles works directly with customers to demonstrate product functionality as well as to perform complex deployments and upgrades (design, install, configure, integrate, validate, and release) while maintaining a high level of quality, leveraging product capabilities and producing an optimal solution design, configuration, implementation and customization.
- Reviews with customers the business and technical requirements, and provides solutions that best address the customer’s needs.
- Writes, reviews and tests detailed design documents. Performs configuration and customization of code. Defines test specifications and supports the fixing of defect using complex debugging and error analysis.
- Provides technical support during all phases of a project and advices the customer’s technical personnel at all levels of: coding-related best practices, design-related best practices, use of product features, HW and deployment architecture, application and 3rd-party configuration and tuning, on-going production monitoring, etc.
- Participates in POCs or pre-sales demos. This role involves one or more of the following: providing estimates, leading the project, developing the customizations and writing the demo scripts / storyboards.
- Installs and configures products in internal labs (ST), customer labs (UAT/Performance), and customer production environments. Installations may include O/S, DB’s, applications and test tools (for example, Seagull).
- Integrates Amdocs products with third party applications within commercial customer networks. Implements and validates product configuration changes in live customer networks in which there is a limited service outage.
- Oversees end-to-end non-functional/performance testing, from test design up to an including test scenario implementation and analysis and result reporting.
- Performs connectivity validation of related system components. Reviews results with the customer and the customer’s vendors, and provides relevant technical input to project status reporting.
- Leads and screens all defects/incidents during the project, directing them to the relevant owner and following up on their handling. Identifies product gaps and recommends enhancements to the Product Core team
- Be very conversant with migration strategies, and be able to think through various different ways of migrating legacy data
- Leads design and development of Migration scripts/tools/utilities to migrate multiple large legacy environments into a single target system.
All you need is…
- Bachelor Degree in Computing or equivalent.
- Total Experience – 8 to 15 years
- Expert knowledge of OSS/ BSS domain .
- 8+ years’ experience in Kenan Telecom Billing System (Billing systems integration, development and implementation for medium to big telecom/ISP operator).
- Should have very strong knowledge across Kenan modules like rating & charging, billing & invoicing, financials (payments/journals/collections), order/provisioning and inventory management, and integration with CRM/external/3P systems.
- Expertise in Designing, Implementing, and configuration of Kenan BP Entities.
- Data migration experience and Working knowledge on Migration ETL tool (with at least 3 years’ experience in designing/developing using these tools).
- Should have very strong knowledge on RDMS (Oracle or PostGres or Sybase)
- Must have the ability to turn high level requirements into Technical, Functional & Operational Specifications. Should have the ability to understand and challenge functional / technical solution specifications and programs that need delivery alignment.
- Good experience in troubleshooting and debugging of the applications.
- Extensive experience in development, including work in Agile development environments.
- Progressive experience in delivering and/or supporting complex software solutions and service/ product implementations.
- Experience and knowledge of telco networks, platforms, standards and business processes.
Learn More & Apply