We are looking for an experienced and multifaceted professional to lead our safety communications efforts across India and South Asia, based in Gurgaon. The role will lead Uber’s safety communications for Movement in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh as well as for Delivery in Sri Lanka.
Wha You’ll Do
- Lead and execute a strategic safety communications function through multimedia channels (traditional media, SRs, CRM and Social Media) for ensuring consistency and continuity.
- Leverage Uber’s Newsroom and a thought leadership approach to change the existing safety narrative in the region.
- Execute all reactive media inbounds related to safety incidents on Uber’s Mobility platforms in India South Asia, and UberEATS in Sri Lanka.
- Execute safety related proactive initiatives and build relationships with key internal partners such as Uber’s global and India’s Trust and Safety Team, global Women Safety Team, Law Enforcement Response Team, Incident Response Team, Social Media Response Team, Marketing, Legal, Policy and Community Operations team and finally, the Safety Product team.
- Be a trusted partner by building and maintaining relationships with Uber spokespersons and the media to drive our safety narrative.
- Work with Uber’s global trust and safety, community operations and social media teams to tell our safety story, pitch tech and premier press, and highlight our existing technology.
- Partner and support the Head of Global Safety Communications and the Director of Communications, India SA in implementing strategies, plans and completing all tasks as assigned.
What You’ll Need
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, great storyteller with advanced news judgment, brings consummate team playing skills, thought leadership experience and is skilled at producing digital content.
- A self-starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs, and we want to work with people who love building things from the bottom up. Stuff changes fast in our world so the right candidate will be highly adaptable, resilient and calm under pressure.
- A phenomenal story teller and advocate: We’re looking for people who can distill sophisticated ideas into simple, honest and compelling communications backed up by intellectually credible, arguments. You’ll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories–about our product, culture, people and the ways we’re helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities.
- An experienced spokesperson: Strong media relations experience, outstanding news judgment and the ability to predict where a safety story is potentially headed and what interventions will be required
- A strong influencer: We succeed by building effective links, and using those relationships to enable the best possible outcome for the Uber brand. You’ll have a bias for action in everything you do–and a willingness to engage in debates with a track record of making data-driven decisions.
- A great teammate: You are someone who is organized and enjoys working with others to get stuff done! You can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
Ideally you will have a consistent track record with proven ability in communications, which should include having spent time living and working in India. Prior experience in the technology space isn’t required but would be a strong advantage. Proficiency in Hindi and English, both oral and written, is crucial, and additional South Asian languages are a bonus.
About the Team
The most successful technology companies are forward-thinking storytellers who can successfully connect with business, technical, and consumer audiences alike to illustrate the magic behind and the benefits of their products.
Our team is responsible for telling Uber’s story, whether it’s transforming how we get around town and the lives of people who value independent, flexible work; or cutting congestion in cities and complementing public transportation. It’s about building deep relationships with the key journalists and working with teams across the company to create campaigns that tell our story in new and effective ways.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.