Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 231423
As a Global Supply Chain (GSC) Program Manager at Micron Technology, you are responsible for duties related to running successful projects. You will take care of, monitor, and lead projects through all phases from initiation, planning, execution/control, and on-time/within the budget project closure. You will also play a dedicated role in various levels of critical planning including identifying project requirements, establishing clear and achievable objectives, coordinating and adapting the specifications and approach to the different concerns and expectations of various partners, and enforce to the Micron Project Methodology and project standards.
The Global Supply Chain Program Manager is a strategic role that requires collaboration with business partners to ensure business needs are met. This includes understanding how a project impacts the strategic roadmap of the business and aligning project execution to help achieve business objectives. To aid in continuous improvement and development, this role will conduct project post-mortems and build recommendations based on successful and unsuccessful project elements; identify and implement best practices, and use the experience to evolve internal processes. This role will ensure the alignment of project management business processes with PMO. Promote Project Management value and business practices to the organization.
You will be a multifaceted leader working closely with our highly motivated project teams
- Provide leadership within the team environment. Set the right tone given the project needs. Coach, mentor, and empower project team members.
- Develops metrics for benchmarking project performance. Identify and share BKM’s for program and project success
- Represent the project to its governing authority and other management as requested.
- Ensure regular information flow to all areas and members of the project team
- Provide status reports to program/project partners
Handle the project timeline and budget
- Build and maintain a detailed project timeline in collaboration with team members.
- Identify and aim to interim and major breakthroughs that the team is to meet
- Deliver projects within the timeline that has been formally approved
Improve projects with initiative
- Identify, document, and respond to risk with mitigation, contingency, or other risk response plans
- Call out risks and issues to the appropriate level and formality for resolution
- Perform problem solving at the individual, team, or leadership level
- Contribute/Co–Lead problem solving efforts by providing guidance for effective and timely resolution.
Manage project scope and change
- Ensure project requirements are gathered, accurately documented, and formally approved.
- Turn data into action by providing schedule or resource impacts as appropriate and to evaluate the completeness and quality of project deliverables
Integration and Negotiation to enhance the business
- You will provide resources support and work closely with project teams for programs and projects
- Deliver the outcome of the project to the functional organizations to execute process delivered
- Deep understanding of timelines and system environments across projects and programs
- Operate in a shared resource environment, including Micron direct and consulting resources
- Observe current portfolio and company priorities
- Participate, as required, as a member of the program leadership group
- Master’s degree in business, Information Technology or related fields or
- Working experience in semiconductor industry or complex manufacturing environment or equivalent experiences
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in managing projects with proven tools, techniques and processes such as PMBOK by PMI
- Knowledge in supply chain management
- Experience in working with global teams across countries
- Project management professional certification (PMP) is an added advantage
- Proficient in project management tools, such as Microsoft Project
- International travel may be required
- Early morning, evening and weekend hours required to facilitate work cross-sites (different time zones)
Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solution we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
Keywords: Hyderabad || Telangana (IN-TG) || India (IN) || Supply Chain || Experienced || Regular || Supply Chain/Logistics || #LI-RR1 || Tier 4 ||