Req ID: 98335
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a General & Operational Accounting Senior Associate to join our team in HYDERABAD, Andhra Pradesh (IN-AP), India (IN).
Sr Associate – General Ledger Accounting (Hyderabad)
NTT DATA Services is a top 10 global services company and part of the NTT Group, a Fortune 29 telecommunications and services company based in Japan. We operate with 60,000 professionals in 36 countries. Every day around the world we help clients explore new ways to respond to market dynamics with flexibility and speed, reduce costs with less risk, and increase productivity to enable growth.
Role Description The primary goal is to Manage the maintenance of the accounting system to ensure that it accurately reflects financial status of the Business unit.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creates and reviews high-risk journal entries and supporting documentation to ensure accurate reporting.
- Responsible for parking the Journal entries, AP and AR Invoices in the respective ERP system. Posting the manual payment and manual receipts received from respective customers.
- Reviews periodically key account reconciliations.
- Performing the Month end close activities, financial statement reports for all the APAC companies.
- Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- Provides suggestions for improving processes performed within the department.
- Participates in department projects (strategic, tactical and control) where strong analytical skill is required.
- Assists internal and/or external audit process as required.
- Develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
- Submit the queries and review comments to the companies and get the Financials corrected as per the reporting guidelines and policies
- Analyze and resolve complex or difficult problems presented by subordinates, and escalate appropriately to the senior management.
- Facilitate resolution of customer grievances in a timely manner and ensure superior levels of Service promises are met.
- Provide timely reports and dashboards on key performance indicators (KPI’s), compliance and non-compliance areas.
- Continually evaluate & update SOPs & ensures that process adhered to it.
- Continually evaluate and share Best Practices/Guidelines among team.
Key Performance Parameters
- Ability to lead the “Knowledge Transfer” phase of Transition.
- Ensure timely processing of all invoices and credits according to client terms to reduce overall DSO of organization.
- To ensure that there is no Invoice that is kept on HOLD without proper reasoning.
- To enter Billing Adjustments as necessary & take necessary approvals, wherever applicable.
- To ensure updating all the trackers those are required to be maintained. For example, WIP & Billing adjustment tracker, etc.
- To assist and help the group to reduce the WIP amount, DSO etc
- To report any non-compliance issues to the Team Lead so that measures can be put in place
- To ensure that there is no misuse of the Company’s assets (emails/phones precautionary, pdf. writers etc.).
- Be a part of the regular RU specific Conf calls (Financial Review) and also audit the information provided and to ensure that the Team does not miss on attending any of the scheduled Calls
- Ensure proper control checks are adhered to, so that errors are minimized/eliminated.
- Perform back up duties for Team members, as necessary.
Requirements for this role include:
- University degree or equivalent that required 3+ years of formal studies of Finance/Accounting principles.
- Good Verbal and Written communication skills.
- 3+years of relevant experience.
- 1+year of experience in MS Excel.
- Good understanding of relevant accounting principles (GAAP).
- Flexible with shift timings.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.