Uber Engineering is looking for an Engineering Leader to create, build and expand the Developer Platform team in Bangalore.
As an Engineering Leader will be primarily responsible for shaping the features and technical execution of projects. You will hire great talent and develop from within in order to plan and achieve larger scope projects.
Apart from these, as an initial member of the Developer Platform team in India, you will play a key role in driving the team’s charter and long-term plans.
What You’ll Do
- You will work with your team to build systems that stress scalability, accuracy, robustness
- Provide technical leadership to build and develop the Developer Platform which will impact the whole of Uber engineering
- Contribute in defining systems strategy, developing best practices, setting a long term vision
- Drive quality and efficiency metrics for the team.
- Collaborating and act as a bridge between the Developer Platform teams in Bangalore and PAO.
- Lead and grow a strong engineering team responsible for the next-generation systems architecture that supports all rider products and tools.
What You’ll Need
- Experience. 14 plus years of overall professional software development experience with 5 plus years in managing engineering teams of ~20 people. Leading teams in satellite locations and experience building joint roadmaps with HQ.
- Software Development. Significant experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, and robust products and platforms.
- Vision. Abiliyty Drive vision & strategy for building Infrastructure platform architecture on which all Uber core functionality is built.
- Hiring prowess. Strong leader who can attract talent in Bangalore, raising the bar for excellence.
- Engineering excellence. Technical strength and deep knowledge of the whole stack to give great architecture and implementation guidance to the teams who will count on your experience.
- Mentorship. Ability in setting the team up for success through mentoring and teaching, empowering your engineers/managers by building trust and providing N+1 level challenges to them
- Stakeholder Engagement. Ability to manage stakeholders across teams, functions and geographies.
Bonus Points If
- Prior experience working on building tools platforms, infrastructure products and driving adoption across the organization
About the Team
Our developer platform group’s mission is to Accelerate product velocity by providing a friction-free, integrated development platform to the thousands of engineers who build and improve Uber’s various products.
Our developer platform teams are responsible to support all the tools that are used throughout a developer lifecycle. This contains
- Generic developer infrastructure like the code monorepos, build systems, continuous integration, deployment & release and testing systems etc.
- Language platform specific solutions like Mobile & Backed Developer experience and Frameworks etc.
- Platforms like internationalization, developer analytics etc.
Below are the teams that we are currently setting up in Bangalore and that we are looking for engineering leaders.
Core Automation Platform (CAP): We provide a reliable and automated end-to-end testing framework for mobile sanity tests. Our tools allow safeguarding features and preventing regressions for each release and CD build, enabling mobile developers to build reliable Apps quickly.
Healthline: Our platform enables Uber to quickly and reliably detect, report, and troubleshoot issues in our mobile apps. It captures various types of mobile app signals such as app crashes, exceptions, app not responding, memory leaks etc., classifies and reports(ticketing and alerting) issues in our mobile apps. Healthline also offers a web portal to show the list of issues and related data, logs, and stats, which allow developers to quickly troubleshoot the root cause of the reported issues.
Wisdom: Our mission is to simplify the mobile in-app bug reporting experience to capture more high quality bugs, and build a ML-powered bug triaging platform to help engineers to quickly triage and troubleshoot the reported bugs. Wisdom platform has three major components.
– A mobile SDK, which can be used by different mobile apps to onboard the in-app bug reporting flow easily to wisdom.
– Backend processing pipeline and ML models, which processes inbound bugs to filter out noise and surface critical bugs to engineers.
– Wisdom triage portal, the web portal that engineers use to triage and troubleshoot the reported bugs.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together. Uber Engineering is looking for an Engineering Leader to create, build and expand the Developer Platform team in Bangalore. As an Engineering Leader will be primarily responsible…Engineering Manager, Software Dell Overview: Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’…What if your job description were simply “make tomorrow better?” Every day at Microsoft, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the workplace, challenging ourselves to reimagine what …