Uber Engineering is looking for an Engineering Leader to create, build and expand the Customer Obsession team in Bangalore.
About the Team
The Customer Obsession team provides an end-to-end customer engagement platform for all Uber products: Ride sharing, UberEats, Uber for Business, UberHealth, UberFreight. We strive to provide world class customer support to our end-users: riders, driver-partners, restaurants, eaters, freight carriers, truckers, uber business partners and hospitals, by building and integrating a bespoke suite of tools
for our Customer Service representatives.
Our product solutions contribute directly to profitability and revenue, helping Uber move towards sustainable growth. Our ambition is to establish customer care as a competitive advantage and market differentiator in our industry.
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and smart-productivity. We’re looking for a team builder who can work harder, faster, and smarter, while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
Combine building groundbreaking technology that delivers very visible impact and this opportunity is too good to pass up!!
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Experience: 4+ years experience managing engineering teams of ~15 people. Leading teams in satellite locations and experience building joint roadmaps with HQ. Significant experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, and robust products and platforms.
- Hiring prowess: You’re a strong leader who can attract talent in Bangalore, raising the bar for excellence.
- Bias towards action: You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way– and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you and your team learns from them.
- Engineering excellence: You have the technical strength and deep knowledge of the whole stack to give great architecture and implementation guidance to the teams who will count on your experience.
- Mentorship: You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Commitment: Cities never sleep, and neither does Uber. You care tremendously about keeping the Uber experience consistent for users and strive to make any issues invisible to riders. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.