For the Business Insights Manager role, we’re looking for an analytical and technical problem solver, who is able to dive into unstructured environments to design solutions. You will drive analyses behind regional and APAC-wide decisions related to our community’s support experience; and will be expected to build scalable processes and systems that enable internal and external stakeholders to leverage data and act upon insights. You will be expected to manage a diverse set of stakeholders across teams, businesses and geographies.
What you’ll do
- Drive analysis on APAC projects to improve the experience of our customers and support agents
- Problem solve. We’re faced with new and interesting problems that need solved every single day. Identify and implement short-term solutions in a timely manner, while helping define the long-term solution.
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep local teams as efficient as possible
- Build and own periodic reporting – Take advantage of the ever-growing amount of data we have at our fingertips to help stakeholders all over the world manage and improve our operations
- Design, perform, and analyze A/B testing data (exposure to experimental design is a plus)
- Coordinate with members of other business teams spanning the company to measure the impact and efficiency of new initiatives and business processes
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- SQL expertise – know how to access, interpret and package data so our team can deliver unique and innovative analysis to better our operations. Must have exposure to writing queries for presto/ hive databases
- Prior experience working on python scripts. Must have ability to build ad-hoc data pipelines to automate dashboards as well as deal with huge amount of data through scripts. Pandas/ numpy exposure is a must.
- Excellent Excel skills – many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate must bring some impressive know-how, including exposure to writing VBA scripts/ google scripts (and the understanding that there’s always more to learn)
- With experience in open source interactive data visualization tools, such as bokeh or plotly
- With experience working with support data, contact management analytics or customer insights
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a quantitative/ analytical role, preferably within tech, management consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy
- Excellent analytical thinking – you connect the dots between the data and operations and gut check every number you see
- An innovator who knows how to quickly learn up new tools and apply them to make the day-to-day activities more efficient
- Exceptional storytelling abilities. Ability to craft a story out of very few as well as billions of data points
- Strong organization & project management skills. Able to structure a project from idea to design / prototype to implementation
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to thrive under pressure and in challenging environments
- Team player
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.