Uber’s Risk Team is at the forefront of one of the world’s biggest challenges. Every day we process millions of mobile transactions in over 75 different countries, while also issuing driver-partner payouts on weekly, and in some cases, daily basis. As we grow and rapidly expand our transaction base across emerging products, we face new and interesting situations that many companies have never encountered. Our goal is to deliver innovative risk management in the two-sided marketplace to maximize legitimate revenue and sustainable growth.
We are seeking an experienced risk or fraud analyst to join our Risk Operations Team. The analyst will be responsible for monitoring fraud trends around the world. This analyst will successfully analyze trends, and deploy recommendations and algorithms which requires strong communication across product, engineering, data science, finance, and operations stakeholders in a complex environment. As an owner of key fraud metrics, you should have the analytics experience, intellectual curiosity, and resourcefulness to identify, measure, and mitigate new and emerging loss vectors. In this role, you will require a mix of business and technical acumen and also strong cross-functional skills to communicate with various internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- This hands-on analytics role will be responsible for monitoring Uber’s Risk platform capabilities and developing new strategies to keep the fraudsters off Uber by identifying patterns using data analysis and visualization
- You will serve as the subject matter expert on analytics/data driven solutions that mitigate risk of financial losses while also maintaining a positive user experience and enabling Uber to continue making big bold bets.
- You will develop a strong understanding of key Uber systems and tools to effectively review and analyze emerging trends and provide recommendations for mitigating emerging fraud vectors.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, data science with a focus on the Risk/Fraud mitigation.
What you will need
Experience with data analytics/data science
- 3+ Years experience in a data-driven environment (prior roles in data science, analytics, and/or engineering)
- Role experience in Risk, Data Science
Experience in SQL and query optimization techniques and programming using R, and/or Python
- 3+ Years experience in environments where technical competencies required coding (preference for SQL, R, and/or Python)
Relevant BS in quantitative fields like Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, and/or Economics. MS +2Yrs experience preferred.
Possess a strong analytical and business acumen to incorporate concepts like profit, loss, costs, and lifetime value of a customer and be able to effectively consider these factors when providing recommendations or solutions
- Experience demonstrating that their roles lead to business decisions and changes
- Prior experience on data-driven teams where P&L was considered
About the Team
The Uber’s Risk Ops team works towards building a world-class risk management program at Uber. We are the first line of defense for risk related issues and we work on identifying fraudulent behaviour that can lead to losses to Uber across all products. We build and help improve precision of the rules and machine learning models. Our objective is to minimize fraud leakage for Uber and false positive impact to our customers by enabling tech capabilities to detect and catch fraud before or when it happens. Our success is built on solid data and decisioning platforms, with many innovative products to catch and prevent risk at Uber, while ensuring minimum friction to good users.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together. Uber’s Risk Team is at the forefront of one of the world’s biggest challenges. Every day we process millions of mobile transactions in over 75 different countries, while also issui…Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, …As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. Th…