This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, go-getter, curious and technically savvy manager to work on sourcing wireless & Internet of Things (IoT) related commodities, while gaining valuable experience working for the world’s largest gig-economy company.
Associate Manager, Technical Supply Chain & Operations, Wireless & IoT will be a key partner to various teams like engineering, product, operations and IT teams using wireless and IoT technologies and teams based in Uber offices in San Francisco, Pittsburgh and in other countries like Brazil, Mexico, India, Netherlands and Australia. So if you’re ready to learn how this company that is moving the world operates and willing to roll up your sleeves to source wireless & IoT, read on and get in touch!
What You’ll Do
- Assist & drive sourcing and operations of business and technical projects related to following IoT areas at Uber – MNO (Mobile network operator) connectivity, MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) Connectivity, Connectivity management, Subscription management, Modules (hardware), IoT performance improvement, Analytics and Data lakes
- Assist & drive sourcing and operations of business and technical projects related to following wireless areas at Uber – Employee phone devices, employee phone connectivity, Uber app testing phone devices, Uber app testing phone connectivity, mifis, softphones and connected tablets
- Lead sourcing and operations team members.
- Comfortable working across various time zones to achieve results.
- Build deep relationships with key wireless & IoT suppliers and partners to craft mutually-beneficial solutions
- Establish great working relationships with various IoT teams at Uber including IT Eng, Eats, Autonomous Technology Group, UberAir, Engineering, Program management, Strategic Finance, Legal, Procure-to-Pay and Accounts Payable teams
- Negotiate contracts, commercials, key projects and key deal terms.
- Provide regular status updates to key Uber partners
- Perform quarterly reporting to management on key functions, successes and improvement areas of the team to show how we’ve improved
- Use eRFP tools to source Wireless & IoT related products and services.
- Provide impactful strategies to management including outlining scenarios, benefits, risks, organizational change impact of each of those options.
- Assist in performing Wireless & IoT supply market analysis, supplier identification and outreach, RFI/P development and execution, online bidding, supplier response analysis and negotiation
- Collaborate with internal partners and assist in operational excellence and improvement in execution initiatives
- Ensure business objectives are being met or exceeded, and strategic sourcing processes and systems are in compliance.
- Assist in handling purchase Orders, invoice reconciliation and budget controls.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Supply Chain/Electronics/Electrical/Hardware Engineering or any other related engineering field
- IoT & Connectivity Sourcing background
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Willingness to work in an offshore model
supporting and leading stakeholders via video conferencing, audio conferencing, emails and chat.
- Master’s degree in Business/Communications/Supply Chain/Electronics/Electrical/Hardware Engineering or any other related engineering field
- Quick learner and specialist negotiator
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Someone who over-communicates.
- Basic understanding of Wireless & IoT areas like mobile connectivity, wireless carriers, tablets, mifis, mobile plans, connectivity management, hardware, subscription management, data lakes, SIMs and analytics
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and balancing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to call out problems for any support needed for problem resolution
- Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed engineering, finance and operations groups and remote management of team members based in other locations
- Someone who is thorough with the details and can perform work that involves digging-deep into problems, contracts and numbers
- A go-getter with an appetite to learn more! If this is you, apply soon!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.