Sr. Consultant- Program & Project Management
A key role for monitoring and managing all new IT Projects and initiatives, enhancements, IT resources optimization and consolidation etc. This involves planning, controlling and monitoring and also managing and directing the vendors teams and assigned project resources to best meet the project objectives.
1. Handling all aspects of Project Management for project deliveries within schedule, estimates and costs.
2. Project scope definition and planning through delivery of assigned product and related product releases.
3. Delivery, documentation and circulation of an end to end Plan, including activity, dependencies, timing and ownership.
4. Coordinate among multiple partners teams, internal/external stakeholders, cross-functional teams etc. to ensure timely completion of every activity within the available resources.
5. Right deployment and planning of resources and enforcing adherence to defined standard guidelines and procedures to eliminate non-compliance along with target performance through known project management methodology, e.g. Agile, Waterfall etc.
6. Adherence to project Plan – Management of Teams for SLA control and consolidation for various and varied services from various internal & external teams.
7. Manage all involved teams for timely release of required documents/approvals/clearances to ensure inter-dependencies are addressed in smooth and timely manner.
8. Analyse and publish reports at regular intervals for errors/timing to maximise outcomes for SLAs and accordingly develop skill for further implementation/service Delivery.
9. Sending alerts to the Project governance bodies on important misses or if any activity falls on critical path. Seek approvals for mid-course corrections, adjustment of resources or timelines etc.
10. Good understanding of multiple domains for ability to govern the large and complex IT projects.
11. Planning, controlling and monitoring and also managing and directing the assigned project resources to best meet project objectives.
12. Coordinate all project activities (planning, controlling, monitoring), ensuring cooperation, cohesion, collaboration and teamwork between functional, technical and development teams and directing the assigned project resource(s) to best meet project objectives.
13. Report the status of assigned programs on all key metrics (risk, scope, schedule, quality, resources, finance, customer satisfaction) from inception through closure on one or more programs.
1. Retain responsibility for the accuracy and update maintenance of the project plan to ensure on-time and successful project completion.
2. Ensure that all project guidelines, policies and procedures (functional and technical) are followed during all aspects of the project.
3. Identify risks to the projects success and highlighting and discussing their probability and potential impact with supervisor and then develop a risk mitigation strategy to eliminate the risks.
4. Provide inputs, guidance and support to subordinate and peer teams on technologies, solutions, problem management etc.
5. Manage, motivate and mentor project team members for better team bonding and coordination.
6. Conflict management and resolution within the team.
7. Provide direction, guidance to project teams for achieving the expected results.
Key Attributes & Skills:
BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech / MCA / MSc in Electronics / IT / Computer Science or equivalent/MBA (Project Management) with minimum 15 years of relevant experience.
Preferred Certifications: PMP / Prince-2, PMI-ACP/CSM.
Minimum 2 years of experience in managing large, complex and technically diverse successful IT projects.
Technical experience in at least two key technology domains.
Candidates with hands-on experience in multiple IT domains.
Experience of handling multiple vendors under large commercial contracts
Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Preferred experience of handling large IT Project under Managed Services Mode under SLAs ,