As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Partnering with the Custody FX Product Owner and business units to understand functional and data requirements for multiple business processes.
- Software Development using an iterative / agile methodology.
- Analyze and develop solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Perform trouble-shooting for any issues that may arise in any of the environments.
- Support production rollouts of the functionality by partnering closely with the AD Operate team.
- 8+ years’ experience with application development and design
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical field with preferred focus on Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Expert level knowledge of J2EE Application building Restful services using Spring MVC and Spring boot.
- Experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with Test driven development and continuous integrated development and deployment.
- Experience with UI automated testing.
- Experience with acceptance testing tools like FitNesse or Cucumber
- Utilizing agile software development tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Proven track record of working with business partners to gather requirements, understand and document
- Proven ability to ensure that risks and issues are escalated and addressed in a timely manner.
- Technologies Required: JDK 8, Cloud; Maven; React, Angular, Spring; Hibernate UNIX ( Solaris / Linux) , Apache Tomcat , Messaging (MQ Series , JMS) ,Kafka,
- Cache: Gemfire, Hazelcast Cloud : Kubernetes, Docker,
- Database; Oracle
- Effective influencing skills and an ability to work with a diverse team of technologists
- Product knowledge
- Experience with Investment Banking and knowledge of Investments would be advantageous
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent database skill to write the query and understand the stored procedure.
- Root cause analysis and Production Support Investigation and strong knowledge
- Experience in environments that deal with PI data (sensitive) and knowledge on Data Encryption and Data Masking.
- Must be detail oriented, needs to be able to investigate and solve for the details independently by partnering with relevant technology or business colleagues
- Experience working closely with AD architects and Design Authorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills / Ability to run meetings and drive agenda
- Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and inclination to learn & pick-up new tools & technologies quickly
- Able to write Oracle/Sql queries and able to debug an application
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team: Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.