Who We Are
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at .
What it Means To Work Here
Here, you’ll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. .
This role is part of CRE Risk Strategic Analytics team. The successful candidate will be joining the newly formed analytics team in India to enhance risk oversight for portfolio surveillance and capital markets strategies. The team will partner with US colleagues to develop actionable insights on industry and portfolio data sets, accelerate innovation to do more sophisticated analyses, and drive process efficiencies.
Reporting: Head of CRE Risk Strategic Analytics in CB Risk India
- Responsible for utilizing data analytics to evaluate various economic and real estate metrics and develop forecasts for portfolio performance.
- Partner with US colleagues to develop actionable recommendations supported by data and research. These analyses are also used to influence lending strategies and to optimize portfolio performance.
- Use a wide variety of internal and external “big data” sources, determine a meaningful analysis approach and create clear visualizations of conclusions.
- Innovate and look for ideas to identify leading indicators of portfolio performance, market or economic weakness, blind Spots. Example – Use Natural Language Processing (NLP) to analyze CRE market sentiment. Data sources can include research reports, listed companies earnings call transcripts, news articles etc.
- Support risk oversight for Asset management Portfolio Transaction covering front end and underwriting.
- Develop process efficiencies and automated solutions for Investor management and Off Balance Sheet (OBS) Strategy.
- Leverage CRE industry, and capital markets research & data to provide key market developments. Use industry loan level data for loss analysis by GEO, LTV/ DSC, Product etc.
The candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering or equivalent quantitative discipline.
- One year of relevant work experience (market analysis, economic research, trend analysis, forecasting, statistical analysis, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to analyze information, develop conclusions and communicate with well-reasoned and supported arguments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be creative in developing analytical tools and visualizations is a plus
- Direct experience with analysis of commercial real estate is a plus
- Desire to use modern technologies – should have the aptitude to use modern technologies to simplify and enhance analytics, and drive process efficiencies.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. In accordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team:
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.
Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating country-specific risk, understanding regulatory changes and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment.