Lenovo is a US $50 billion global #224 in Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technologies. Globally, our product lines include a full range of commercial and consumer PCs, servers and workstations and a family of mobile internet devices including tablets and smart phones. We design and build our products to bring progress to the world. Serving customers in more than 160 countries, we take our inspiration from the drive and imagination of the people who make things happen; our technology helps those who do, do better.
At Lenovo we employ more than 60,000 people worldwide and our people share a common aspiration to be the very best. Whether serving our customers, working as a team or contributing to the community, we are working to build a unique company. A company that delivers unparalleled products created and supported by people with a wealth of different cultures and experiences. Our strength lies in this diversity. We are dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages entrepreneurism and ownership. A workplace where people’s talents can be challenged and their efforts recognised and rewarded. We employ fantastic people…come join the fun!
- Build and maintain relationship with the key Government stakeholders at all levels of Government;
- Strategically evaluate impact of implementing key Government guidelines and processes on Lenovo’s business, with the ability to advocate on Lenovo’s behalf to Government decision makers;
- Align and engage with government to create good working relationship and adoption of Lenovo portfolio products in public markets;
- Liaison / Communicate with government authority / body on policy matters;
- Build relationships, and ensure regular communication with policy makers; government authorities, and advisors in order to understand the latest regulatory requirements;
- Actively identify emerging and significant policy issues in India and elsewhere in Asia Pacific and engage with stakeholders on issues of importance;
- Monitor political and social events in India and other Asia Pacific nations, and work with local teams to mitigate operation risks;
- Work closely with the Business Units and on their behalf, address their issues with various Ministries/organizations in the Government.
- In collaboration with SMEs, handle various issues related to manufacturing, marketing, regulatory, finance, taxation, import / exports, foreign direct investment etc;
- Provide inputs and influence policy/ regulatory legislations, which affect Lenovo’s business;
- Stakeholder mapping at central, state, institutions, NGOs and international organizations to prepare blueprint for engagement and influencing processes.
- Represent Lenovo at major industry trade associations. Work directly or through trade associations to play a key role in the development of business intelligence in political and regulatory information as well as in-market competition, through monitoring processes, shared tools, data bases, and periodic reports, aiming to provide accurate information to business strategy;
Actively participate as a technology industry leader in trade associations and, coordinating with Lenovo Legal, with regulatory agencies, and executive and legislative branches where Company’s most relevant issues are addressed;
Strategically utilize knowledge on government’s FDI / foreign investments and incentive policies to benefit Lenovo’s business and long-term planning;
Help Lenovo Implement technology product industry guidelines and processes as directed by Centre and State Governments;
Monitor political and social events in India and other AP countries, and work with local teams to mitigate operation risks.
- 12+ years of demonstrated experience in areas such as managing public policy, government relations and advocacy, or international trade relations and diplomatic sectors;
- At least 5+ years’ work experience in global technology manufacturing company is preferred;
- A vast understanding of the India technology market ideally in the areas of the laptop / IT hardware /mobile phones / cloud computing;
- Keen understanding of the Indian political system, environment and institutions, as well as cultural landscape;
- Solid network with the Indian policy makers, the academia, and and a working knowledge of the technology industry;
- Experience with other AP government/policy schemes;
- Interest in emerging technologies and policy work;
- Outstanding judgment, persuasive and lobbying skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- Experience in Government or diplomatic sector;
- Career experience located outside of India is a plus.