JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at .
Financial Information Reporting Solutions (FIRS) is a global function within Corporate Finance responsible for managing critical business processes and key financial applications in conjunction with our partners and consumers in Finance, Capital, all Lines of Business and various technology teams. The team occupies a unique niche that integrates components of business ownership, technology ownership and process and change management. FIRS is established as a center of excellence (CoE) focused on providing fit-for-purpose data for use in internal and external reporting while implementing operating model enhancements to improve consistency, efficiency and control in delivery. The FIRS team offers a unique culture and operates at a fast pace given it is an integral player in defining and delivering target state operating model and technological enhancements.
Department Summary: WCP (Wholesale client profitability) is a reporting solution which provides information through desktop-based reporting and business / application specific extracts. Reporting is provided via Cognos through Standard Reports, Custom Packages & Ad hoc reporting. WCP provides an application-specific product hierarchy to support related reporting in downstream LOB tools. WCP data is extensively used and accessed by all LOBs, Wholesale Bankers, Sales, Product Areas and Finance as a decision support tool. Reports prepared for LOB to enable Sr. mgmt to take strategic business decisions.
· Develop an overall understanding of the solution domain
· Work closely with multiple stakeholders viz. LOBs, Technology, Production Ops to support project activities including, but not limited to:
o Develop an understanding of users’ needs
o Document users’ needs and problems
o Challenge assumptions and calibrate alternative approaches
o Prototype to create working solutions
o Test and Liaise with stakeholders for resolving data quality issues
o Publish finalized solution for deployment
· Strengthen and enhance internal processes to make them more efficient and effective by identifying process improvement/ re-engineering opportunities
· Work in coordination with other teams to incubate automated solutions and present them as a business case
· Extend support during Functional and User Acceptance Testing for project releases
· Create and publish process related metrics
· Responsible for creation/ maintenance of Standard documentation
· Effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization across multiple time zones and regions
· Other ad hoc requests as assigned
- Professional with 3-5 years of work experience
- Bachelors / Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer applications (having experience in BFSI domain)
- Exposure to Agile methodology and governance principles
- Extensive discipline in data integrity, data reconciliation, controls and documentation
- Exposure to financial analysis/ understanding of Financial Reporting
- Proficiency in below toolset:
- Scripting – Excel VBA/ Python
- Database – SQL, PL-SQL
o Microsoft Office – MS Access and PowerPoint
- BI Tools – any of Tableau/ Cognos/ Qlik
- Others – Alteryx, JIRA, ALM, Business Objects, SharePoint
- Personal Skills
- Self-starter, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail & Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team:
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.