The objective of this job is to assist the State Government on technological issues related to core infrastructure, MMPs and other e governance projects.
- Ensure utilization of the common infrastructure being setup under NeGP for projects implementation at UT level
- Assist UT in technical evaluations of external agency proposals related to implementation of various IT initiatives
- Assist UT in price negotiations related to IT goods procurement
- Support in monitoring/ help establish suitable network/ IT infrastructure monitoring system at the State level
- Preferred Prior experience in drafting EOI/RFP/DPR
- Liaison across various departments for IT requirement gathering, analysis, feasibility analysis, process reengineering and documentation.
- Stakeholder management, vendor management etc.
Support the implementation of various MMPs and NeGP components in the State and provide inputs to NeGD
Support the progress of the NeGP in the State and highlight any issues/ slippages to higher authorities
Identify the critical success factors for implementation of e-Governance projects in the State.
Develop and establish suitable program monitoring framework for the State under guidance from NeGD
Ensure that the different e governance projects being developed are in alignment with the overall objectives of NeGP
Assist in procurement of required material/services for various e- Governance projects
Assist in preparing frameworks and templates by using standardized tools
Assist the State Government in identifying new e-Governance projects
Provide assistance and expertise for e-Governance related training
Ensure that the requirements of State departments in matters like preparation of EoI/ RFP/ Contracts/ PPP and other related matters are suitably addressed
Formulate program management strategies in consultation with the State IT Department/IT Society/external consultants
Support the State Government in the roll out of awareness and communication efforts as part of the NeGP
In addition to above Primary Responsibilities the incumbent may be assigned any other task from time to time by State IT Secretary/ Head of Nodal Agency/Head SeMT
Desirable Skills & Experience
B.E / B.Tech / MCA
Post Graduation: MBA / M.Tech.
Qualification can be relaxed in case of exceptionally experienced candidates
4 plus years of experience in program management of IT project with atleast 2 years of experience in managing life cycle of large IT / eGovernance projects
Experience of working with a Government set up is desirable
Industry certifications like PMP, PMI, Prince 2 etc. are desirable
Experience in Procurement processes is desirable
Required Candidate profile
- Motivate personnel to meet company goals.
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Should be able to identify and resolve problems, work as part of a team and able to perform under pressure.