J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader.
Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Documentation Management Operations (DMO) is responsible for the global strategy and day-to-day oversight of the account, services and product legal documentation provided to CIB clients. Document Management Operations group – Markets Trading Team reviews legal agreements such as ISDA Master Agreement and CSA (International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Credit Support Annexure), Repurchase and Securities Lending Agreements, F & O Agreements (Future and Options), Prime Brokerage Agreement and performs the task of extracting legal and financial parameters from the legal agreements to index them within JP Morgan’s risk management systems. The parameters entered into the risk management systems flow downstream into the front end trading systems and therefore severely critical.
1. Deliver operational task associated with Run the Bank / Change the Bank activities.
2. Act as a first point to contact to Identify issues and co-ordinate with the relevant functions internally (eg: credit, legal etc.) for prompt resolution on disputed points within set time-frame parameters.
3. Working closely with regional Legal operations Department, Credit, Collateral team, Onboarding team and other stakeholders.
4. Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and support strategic documentation programs and tactical project initiatives.
5. Execute delivery following set procedures and Ensure that all control policies of the organization and DMO are fully adhered to.
6. Identify and resolve issues and/or roadblocks in an efficient manner
7. Seeking timely advice of peers and senior managers in other divisions as appropriate
8. Engage in training and index legal documents it to the production systems
9. Ability to generate reports and scorecards, present them in operations calls
10. Ability to adapt and contribute to internal processes and be innovative in finding solutions for issues that can arise while delivering a project.
– Not applicable for this role
1. 0-3 years’ experience in derivatives and other trade related documentation, gained within Investment Banking / Law Firm environment.
2. Understanding of end-to-end legal documentation structure is an added plus
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to multi-task, identify priority issues and excellent execution style.
5. Strong collaborator / teamwork
6. Attention to detail.
7. Relationship-building skills.
8. Project Management and Process improvement experience an added plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team:
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.